Song Contest #1
May. 23rd, 2009 12:26 pmWell, I think we have enough members, and nobody has objected to the two-week limit, so let's get started!
I'll set the first one but from then on (at least for a while to see how it works) it'll be the winner of the vote who sets the next one.
I must admit I was starting to think I was going to need inspiration to find the inspiration!! lol. But shortly after waking up this morning, my eyes were lazily gazing at my bookshelf and the following title just jumped out at me.
LED BY DESTINY
So there we have it. Write a song inspired by the above phrase. That's it. I'm not going to specify a genre or anything else. Best to keep it simple while there are so few of us, I think.
The songs should be submitted by FRI JUNE 5th, preferably in MP3 format (so that I can add them all to an embeddable playlist to include in a post with the poll). And, remember, they don't have to be finished masterpieces. :)
still need to figure out the best way to organise submitting the songs but there's time!
In the meantime, if you want to post to keep us updated on your progress, or talk about other songwriting-related things, go ahead! There's no point in having a community, if we don't use it. :)
I'll set the first one but from then on (at least for a while to see how it works) it'll be the winner of the vote who sets the next one.
I must admit I was starting to think I was going to need inspiration to find the inspiration!! lol. But shortly after waking up this morning, my eyes were lazily gazing at my bookshelf and the following title just jumped out at me.
So there we have it. Write a song inspired by the above phrase. That's it. I'm not going to specify a genre or anything else. Best to keep it simple while there are so few of us, I think.
The songs should be submitted by FRI JUNE 5th, preferably in MP3 format (so that I can add them all to an embeddable playlist to include in a post with the poll). And, remember, they don't have to be finished masterpieces. :)
still need to figure out the best way to organise submitting the songs but there's time!
In the meantime, if you want to post to keep us updated on your progress, or talk about other songwriting-related things, go ahead! There's no point in having a community, if we don't use it. :)
no subject
Date: 2009-05-23 08:41 pm (UTC)I'm totally inept in sound file conversion, but when I have my .wav file recorded with Windows Media Recorder, I'll let you know. Where do we send the files to? Any email??
no subject
Date: 2009-05-27 11:09 pm (UTC)